    server?

    Thanks and regards,
    Ravi
    Ravi Shankar, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Ravi Shankar wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an application which retrieves data from Oracle database. How can I
    > make the application generic in such a way that it can take data from LDAP
    > server?
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    > Ravi

    ravi,
    you might want to look at the following link :
    http://www.openldap.org/jdbcldap/
    The JDBC-LDAP Bridge Driver (JDBC-LDAP) enable you to create Java
    applications that can access information held in directories. The driver
    should appeal to Java developers who prefer to use SQL and JDBC.

    Brgds, Herman
    Suse Linux Professional 8.1 on Athlon 1.1 Ghz 512 Mb
    Anti Spam = remove the "dot" and the "at"
    Registered Linux User #264690
    Herman Timmermans, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Ravi Shankar

    David Baer Guest

    Ravi:
    create an abstract super class DBConnection where you declare all methods.
    then create implementations for each db-type (oracle...) you want to connect
    to.

    this way you have db-indepencency...

    david

    David Baer, Oct 23, 2003