Regarding possitioning

George

Hi everyone. I used to create web forms using VS 2000 (the first edition)
with a "MS_POSSITIONG="GridLayout". I used to just drag and drop objects on
the "div" or even on the body of the page and their possition was where I
droped them.

I haven't yet found a way to do the same thing (on panels or "div" or any
other container) with the VS 2008. The FlowLayout is dominating everywhere.

So how can I possition 2 labels and 2 textboxes beside a calendar control?

What am I missing?

marss

Hi everyone. I used to create web forms using VS 2000 (the first edition)
with a "MS_POSSITIONG="GridLayout". I used to just drag and drop objects on
the "div" or even on the body of the page and their possition was where I
droped them.

I haven't yet found a way to do the same thing (on panels or "div" or any
other container) with the VS 2008. The FlowLayout is dominating everywhere.

So how can I possition 2 labels and 2 textboxes beside a calendar control?

What am I missing?

I don't know about VS 2008, but in VS 2005 you can do it in such way:

1. Select from menu Tools->Options->HTML Designer->CSS Positioning
2. Select checkbox "Change positioning..."
3. Select "Absolutely positioned" in the dropdownlist below.

Mykola
http://marss.co.ua

Mick Wilson

So how can I possition 2 labels and 2 textboxes beside a calendar control?

What am I missing?

The calendar control renders as a table, which is a block-level
element. If you want to have something positioned side-by-side with
it, you can put your labels and textboxes into a div/panel and float
it using css, or use absolute positioning as already mentioned.

More info on floating:

http://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/