    thanks

    aravinda b

    , Sep 12, 2006

    wrote:

    [I received your email yesterday but didn't get the chance to reply to
    it.]

    > Is there any way to set the starting time and end timing for the signal
    > conversion from the tla2vcd?
    >
    > Is there any way to change the timing interval for sampling in tla2vcd

    Looking at the sourcecode in the gtkwave tarball, it looks like no for
    both. Given that the process() function is about 250 lines, it doesn't
    appear hard to figure out the file format: you might want to look at
    the regcomp() statements at the beginning of the function.
    Additionally, it wouldn't be hard to limit what writes to the VCD file
    as you could simply limit the time range that prints to the output
    file.

    > is there any standard file format or file structure for tla file, if so
    > please snd me the info

    You'd have to ask Emil as he's the one who wrote tla2vcd.c.

    -Tony

    , Sep 12, 2006