regarding tla2vcd conversion

Aravinda.rsm

hi,

Is there any way to set the starting time and end timing for the signal
conversion from the tla2vcd?

Is there any way to change the timing interval for sampling in tla2vcd

is there any standard file format or file structure for tla file, if so
please snd me the info

thanks

aravinda b

bybell

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

[I received your email yesterday but didn't get the chance to reply to
it.]

Is there any way to set the starting time and end timing for the signal
conversion from the tla2vcd?

Is there any way to change the timing interval for sampling in tla2vcd

Looking at the sourcecode in the gtkwave tarball, it looks like no for
both. Given that the process() function is about 250 lines, it doesn't
appear hard to figure out the file format: you might want to look at
the regcomp() statements at the beginning of the function.
Additionally, it wouldn't be hard to limit what writes to the VCD file
as you could simply limit the time range that prints to the output
file.

is there any standard file format or file structure for tla file, if so
please snd me the info

You'd have to ask Emil as he's the one who wrote tla2vcd.c.

-Tony