    the meaning of the onload is the browser loading the rendered page
    coming from server response? and have no business with the Pages's
    On_load method which is called at server side.
    baroque Chou, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Hi,

    baroque Chou wrote:
    > the body tag has onload event, I want to make sure that is it a client
    > side scirpt, is it fired completed after the page is rendered, I mean,
    > the meaning of the onload is the browser loading the rendered page
    > coming from server response? and have no business with the Pages's
    > On_load method which is called at server side.

    This is correct. The "body onload" event is a pure client-side event,
    which is fired by the browser when the page is fully loaded *and*
    rendered. It means that you can rely on it that your JavaScript code is
    fully loaded and interpreted.

    Note however that it doesn't mean that plugins you might have on the
    page are ready to work. If you have for example an applet you want to
    interact with, you must make sure it is started first.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft