regex; ^ and $

oldyork90

Perl guy learning Java.

Java's use of including line boundaries arguments, ^ and $, in
matcher, and then not using them in other string replace functions is
fine I guess; I'll get used to it.

I was wondering if there was a more perl like regex class out there
that others might be using.

Lew

Perl guy learning Java.

Java's use of including line boundaries arguments, ^ and $, in
matcher, and then not using them in other string replace functions is
fine I guess; I'll get used to it.

I was wondering if there was a more perl like regex class out there
that others might be using.

'Matcher' and 'Pattern' are what you got.

What exactly do you mean by "perl like [sic]"?

Of which "other string replace functions" do you speak? If you're talking
about the 'String' class, it does not claim to be a full regex implementation
as 'Matcher' and 'Pattern' do.

In what respects _specifically_ do 'Matcher' and 'Pattern' fall short for you?

If you really want to program in Perl, you might not want to use Java to do so.

Arne Vajhøj

I should always wait another hour before posting. I've answered my
own question once again. :)
Here we go: http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/api/overview-summary.html

http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/

ORO is Retired

As of 2010-09-01, the ORO project is retired. This is an archived site.

As there were no new features or releases planned in the future,
the Jakarta ORO project has been retired and moved to the Apache Attic.
No further ORO development or releases will happen at Jakarta.

Users are encouraged to use similar features in newer Java
versions, where available.

This site is kept online for archiving purposes only.