Regular Expression for fnmatch function

Graeme Downes

Hi

I'm trying to create a regular expression for C using the fnmatch
function from the fnmatch.h library.

I dont know if you can help, but i need something as follows:

[[#:]#:]#

where # represents any number with any number of digits

it should be able to accept:

"10:30"
"10"
"10:30:20"
""

thanks for any help

Keith Thompson

I'm trying to create a regular expression for C using the fnmatch
function from the fnmatch.h library.

The fnmatch.h library is not part of standard C, nor is any regular
expression library, so we can't help you here. You might try
comp.unix.programmer.

<OT>
fnmatch doesn't do regular expressions; it probably can't do what you
want. The folks in comp.unix.programmer can probably help you find
something that can.
</OT>