    Hi friends

    my question is

    i need a regular exp. for URL validation in java script

    sangram, Dec 1, 2006

  2. sangram wrote:

    > my question is
    >
    > i need a regular exp. for URL validation in java script

    That is *not* a question, it is a demand (rather not welcome here). And the
    language is called _JavaScript_.

    Anyway, try the RegExp given in RFC3986 (URIs), Appendix B, for a start:

    http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

    However, there has been posted at least one more URL-specific RegExp for
    that purpose here already, at least by me. Google is your friend. And
    maybe it is even in the FAQ by now.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Dec 8, 2006

  3. In comp.lang.javascript message <>,
    Sat, 9 Dec 2006 00:19:57, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <>
    wrote:
    >sangram wrote:
    >
    >> my question is
    >>
    >> i need a regular exp. for URL validation in java script

    >That is *not* a question, it is a demand (rather not welcome here). And the
    >language is called _JavaScript_.

    Hunnish bully-boys are unwelcome here; and everywhere else.

    Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;

    Dr J R Stockton, Dec 9, 2006