Regular Expressions for Find and Replace

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark, May 18, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Using the Find and Replace in VS.NET, I'm trying to find methods that are in
    the form ....

    Foo*[a-zA-Z]*[a-zA-Z][(][)]

    and I want to replace them with:

    BarFoo*[a-zA-Z]*[a-zA-Z][(][)]

    However, put the text above in the Find and Replace respectively replaces
    EVERY method FooA(), FooB(), etc with BarFoo*[a-zA-Z]*[a-zA-Z][(][)], rather
    than BarFooA() and BarFooB().

    Is there a nice way to do this? I can't just look for the word Foo ... it's
    everywhere. Wild cards appear to have similar behavior.

    Thanks in advance.

    Mark
    Mark, May 18, 2004