Regular Expressions: Inconsistent behaviours with non breaking space

RobG

RobG said:
Markus wrote:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn schrieb:
[...] According to the W3C HTML 4 spec, there are 5 white
space characters:
The HTML 4.01 Specification is irrelevant regarding
ECMAScript-defined Regular Expressions.
ECMAScript is irrelevant without a host environment. How it
interacts with, and differs from, that environment is relevant.
You must be kidding.
You must be trolling.

Again, just for you:

There is no point in simply reiterating what you have already posted.
You did not understand what I originally posted, continuing to
misunderstand it doesn't make you right.

[...]
Sadly, you miss the point again.

No, I disagree with your view of what you think I said. I pointed out
that there are different views on what is white space. The OP has his
own view and has been given precise information about what ECMAScript
defines as white space. He is now in a position to decide whether to
use that or define his own set of characters.

If you would be reasonable, you would see that an apology from you is in
order now.

I don't need to apologise for your attempt at one-upmanship. If you
look at other posts in this thread (in particular those by Richard and
Lasse) you'd realise that it's possible to make valuable contributions
without attempting to score points.

Score adjusted

Whatever.