    happening, i try to reinstall all the SOAP and many other modules that
    the same system ask to me, but nothing, so please help me, how can i
    reinstall perl?
    Jorge Reyes, Aug 30, 2007

  2. Jorge Reyes

    Guest

    Jorge Reyes <> wrote:
    > ok so now i am really desperate because i cannot resolve the problem
    > related with the error message:
    >
    > Can't locate object method "new" via package "URI" (perhaps you forgot
    > to load "URI"?) at /usr/perl5/5.6.1/lib/HTTP/Request.pm line 82
    >
    > so then now i want to know how can i reinstall all the perl, i am
    > working in a sunOs 5.9 which perl version is 5.6.1 and it doesnt have
    > internet connection (i think that this problem could be fixed, i
    > hope), this is because i dont understand why this error still
    > happening, i try to reinstall all the SOAP and many other modules that
    > the same system ask to me, but nothing, so please help me, how can i
    > reinstall perl?

    Download the source tar-ball from cpan.org, transfer it to your computer
    without the network connection, and read the README file, and do what it
    says.

    But be advised that desperation rarely actually solves problems.

    Instead, I'd made sure the directory where SOAP::Lite is installed is
    first in your @INC. If that didn't work, dump %INC to see what all modules
    you have loaded. Then I'd profile the code with -d:DProf, then
    dump the call tree with dprofpp -T and trace back is calling HTTP::Request.

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
    , Aug 30, 2007