related to the lossdue to precisions.

Amit Kumar

Sugest me certain ways through which i can Minimize the losses due to
the precision of floats and double .
Thanx in advance.

Eric Sosman

Amit Kumar wrote On 05/15/06 06:56,:
Sugest me certain ways through which i can Minimize the losses due to
the precision of floats and double .

There is very little you can do to affect the errors
that creep in at each individual operation. What you can
do, though, is try to arrange the overall calculation so
that the errors tend to diminish rather than grow after
they're introduced.

The field of study is called "Numerical Analysis,"
and it is a large field. You should be able to find some
introductory textbooks that will get you well started.

Patricia Shanahan

Eric said:
Amit Kumar wrote On 05/15/06 06:56,:

There is very little you can do to affect the errors
that creep in at each individual operation. What you can
do, though, is try to arrange the overall calculation so
that the errors tend to diminish rather than grow after
they're introduced.

The field of study is called "Numerical Analysis,"
and it is a large field. You should be able to find some
introductory textbooks that will get you well started.

I agree with Eric's comments.

Also, one way to reduce "the losses due to the precision of floats and
double" is to ignore float.

Patricia