RELEASED Python 2.3.5, final

Anthony Baxter

On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.5 (final).

Python 2.3.5 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website
(also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of
the bugs squished in this release.

Python 2.3.5 contains an important security fix for SimpleXMLRPCServer -
for more, see the announcement of PSF-2005-001 at:

http://www.python.org/security/PSF-2005-001/

Python 2.3.5 is the last planned release in the Python 2.3 series, and
is being released for those people who still need to run Python 2.3.
Python 2.4 is a newer release, and should be preferred if possible. From
here, bugfix releases are switching to the Python 2.4 branch - 2.4.1
will be the next Python release.

For more information on Python 2.3.5, including download links for
various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see:

http://www.python.org/2.3.5

Highlights of this new release include:

- Bug fixes. According to the release notes, more than 50 bugs
have been fixed, including a couple of bugs that could cause
Python to crash.

Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.3) are available
from the Python 2.3 page, at

http://www.python.org/2.3/highlights.html

Enjoy the new release,
Anthony

Anthony Baxter
(e-mail address removed)
Python Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)