reload frame

tony wong

The page has Top frame (input) and bottom frame (result)

The input html page send input to asp to generate result to bottom frame.

The page works. But i wish to refresh bottom frame once i click the submit
button to see the result by the java function

<script language =javascript>
function button1_onclick()
{
window.parent.mainFrame.location.reload();
}
</script>

But the bottom frame does not reload.

is my logic wrong? is it conflicted with form action or method? Thanks.

tony

Evertjan.

tony wong wrote on 22 aug 2005 in
The page has Top frame (input) and bottom frame (result)

The input html page send input to asp to generate result to bottom
frame.

The page works. But i wish to refresh bottom frame once i click the
submit button to see the result by the java function

<script language =javascript>
function button1_onclick()
{
window.parent.mainFrame.location.reload();
}
</script>

But the bottom frame does not reload.

is my logic wrong? is it conflicted with form action or method?
Thanks.

This has nothing to do with [serverside] ASP,
so you better ask a clientside NG.

ASP does not know about frames and form submitting.

[btw: I would use an javascript onsubmit with return true]