    certain pages, no matter what?

    Thanks

    Tom.

    tshad, Nov 17, 2004

  2. tshad

    Evertjan. Guest

    tshad wrote on 17 nov 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Is there a way at the top of my asp (asp.net and html) to tell it to
    > refresh certain pages, no matter what?

    This NG is classic ASP only.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 17, 2004

  3. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    > tshad wrote on 17 nov 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    >> Is there a way at the top of my asp (asp.net and html) to tell it to
    >> refresh certain pages, no matter what?

    > This NG is classic ASP only.

    I understand that.

    I am working with ASP at the moment and am looking at how to refresh the
    page (which may be ASP code).

    Tom

    tshad, Nov 17, 2004
  4. tshad wrote:
    > "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    >> tshad wrote on 17 nov 2004 in
    >>
    >>> Is there a way at the top of my asp (asp.net and html) to tell it to
    >>> refresh certain pages, no matter what?

    >> This NG is classic ASP only.

    > I understand that.
    >
    > I am working with ASP at the moment and am looking at how to refresh
    > the page (which may be ASP code).

    Refreshing happens in the client - nothing to do with asp. See an html
    newsgroup if you still need help after googling for information about the
    META tag.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Nov 17, 2004
  5. tshad

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:08:42 -0800, "tshad"
    <> wrote:

    >I just created a page that checks logon credentials before it loads the
    >page.
    >
    >The problem is that when I left the program and came back, it loaded the
    >page that was cached without doing the login check. As soon as I refreshed
    >the page, it did the logon check.
    >
    >Is there a way at the top of my asp (asp.net and html) to tell it to refresh
    >certain pages, no matter what?

    With IE clients you can use:

    <% Response.AddHeader "Pragma", "No-Cache" %>

    (See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/165150/EN-US/)

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Nov 17, 2004
  6. tshad

    Mark Schupp Guest

    You listed ASP.NET and HTML in a way that appeared to indicate that they
    were what you were using. The techniques for preventing caching may be
    different between ASP and ASP.NET.

    See Jeffs response and here http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2022

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Nov 17, 2004
  7. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Jeff Cochran" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:08:42 -0800, "tshad"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I just created a page that checks logon credentials before it loads the
    >>page.
    >>
    >>The problem is that when I left the program and came back, it loaded the
    >>page that was cached without doing the login check. As soon as I
    >>refreshed
    >>the page, it did the logon check.
    >>
    >>Is there a way at the top of my asp (asp.net and html) to tell it to
    >>refresh
    >>certain pages, no matter what?

    > With IE clients you can use:
    >
    > <% Response.AddHeader "Pragma", "No-Cache" %>

    Yes, but I want this to work with all clients. This page if cached, could
    allow someone into my system by bypassing the logon section.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Nov 17, 2004