    does not ask me to remember the passwords. What is needed for this to happen
    ?

    Ton

    Ton den Hartog, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Ton den Hartog

    rf Guest

    "Ton den Hartog" <> wrote in message
    news:468c90c7$0$326$4all.nl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > when I create a simple login page with a password type input field,
    > Firefox does not ask me to remember the passwords. What is needed for this
    > to happen

    You need to check "Remember passwords for sites" in the options for *your*
    copy of firefox.

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 5, 2007

  3. That is already done but a simple page like below doesn't trigget FF to ask
    to remember...

    Ton

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <head>
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    </head>

    <form name="form1" onsubmit="alert('Hello');">
    <input type="password" name="textfield">
    </form>

    Ton den Hartog, Jul 5, 2007
  4. Ton den Hartog

    > That is already done but a simple page like below doesn't trigget FF to
    > ask to remember...

    > <form name="form1" onsubmit="alert('Hello');">
    > <input type="password" name="textfield">
    > </form>

    Probably because it is not a valid form. The required "action" attribute is
    missing. I would imagine the browser would use the contents of the action
    attribute, along with the URL of the page, as a key to the saved pasword. No
    action, no save. More to the point, no action, no *need* to save since that
    form is not going anywhere.

    As the specification state about action: "User agent behaviour for a value
    other than an HTTP URI is undefined".

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 5, 2007