Remote Administration

Thom Little

I am writing webform applications and successfully running them on my local
machine. I have available two remote servers (from two different ISPs)
running IIS 5.

Is there documentation available that tells me how to copy my applications
to these remote servers and have them compile and run the applications?

[MSFT]

Hi Thom,

Generally, we can deploy an ASP.NET appliaction with Xcopy, just copy all
files in the web application to the target server. However, based on my
experience, it will not be so simple when we work with a ISP. The server
they provide may have many limitation, like permission, file size and so
on. I suggest you conatct the them for detail. (most of ISP should have
such documents explaining how to upload asp/asp.net files).

By the way, this group is for web service. If you have question on asp.net,
you can send them to microsoft.pubic.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

Regards,

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security