Remote asp.net debugging confusion

yurps

I got remote debugging setup...but now I am confused how it works. Must
I open the remote website from the file share in visual
studio.net...and then set break-points there.

Can I not just choose Copy Project...on the web project on my local
drive...setting it to compile with debug switched on. Then open a
browser to the remote site and attach to the aspnet_wp.exe in
vs.net...should it not break at the points set in the compiled local
version, bringing up the code in vs.net as I hit the points.

Also what is the best way to compile the project in vs.net to allow
debugging on a remote server but not having all the unnecessary code
files.

Thanks,
yurps