    start my search for knowledge? Is it possible to do this with C?

    Thanks for helping,
    Boris

    Boris Savc, Mar 7, 2007

  2. Boris Savc

    Kai-Uwe Bux Guest

    Boris Savc wrote:

    > I'd like to write a small script fro windows clients (XP). The script
    > would just wait for the commands from outside. That means that I'd be able
    > to run for instance notepad from my linux machine!

    Are you sure that there is no program/protocol out there that does that
    already?

    > Can you give me some pointers of direction and language to choose. Where
    > to start my search for knowledge? Is it possible to do this with C?

    Maybe. However, C is off-topic in this group; and so are scripting
    languages. Here, we discuss standard C++ only. And to answer the next
    obvious follow up question right away, in C++ you would have to rely on
    OS-specific libraries for doing what you want. There is a C++ library FAQ
    somewhere out there on the net that may contain pointers. Other than that,
    those libraries are off-topic in this group and you would need to inquire
    in news groups dedicated to your target platform.

    Best

    Kai-Uwe Bux

    Kai-Uwe Bux, Mar 7, 2007