remote debugging will not work

Guest

Hello MSDN Group,

I am trying to do remote debugging with an ASP.NET application.
It flat will not let me debug, I always get "unable to start debugging on
remote server, access denied". I have installed the VS remote debug
componets on the remote server (Windows 2000 sp(the latest), fp 2000
extensions, 1.1 frame work with sp1) The debug files are there, the debugger
user group is there, etc. Everything looks ok. have the debugging
asp/server and script radio buttons checked for the web app, etc.
I have VS.net on my Windows XP Pro development machine, the web app is on
the server, I can open, edit, and run the app from VS. and IE. The only
thing I cannot do is debug remotely. (also cannont attach to the remote
process, if open site on development machine, etc.) I am using a wins
network, with linux as the wins box, etc. Any ideas on how to debug
remotely??
thanks,
eric