remote file access in .net app

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Amie, Mar 2, 2006.

  1. Amie

    Amie Guest

    Hi,

    My .NET application has a script that checks whether an image file on a
    remote server exists using File.Exists.

    >From my localhost (Server A), I can access the image file via network

    path (\\servername\foldername\image.jpg) or virtual directory
    (../foldername/image.jpg) within the application.

    When I moved the app to a test server (Server B), it still worked fine.

    However, when the same codebase is run on a pilot server (Server C), it
    somehow returns false when File.Exists() is executed. Same target, same
    code.

    Server A, B, and C are all Windows 2003 and the remote server is
    Windows 2000. The target directory has Everyone to have full
    permission.

    What factors can affect file access on a remote server? I tried playing
    with IIS, file system, etc but couldn't figure out.

    Let me know if any of you has any suggestion.

    Thanks in advance!

    Amie, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Amie

    Amie Guest

    I just realized this is a classic ASP group, but I guess my issue
    involves more of network/server level. I'll post it in asp.net group,
    but if anyone has any feedback, I appreciate it.

    Amie, Mar 2, 2006