remove elements from vector

Wing

Hello,

I am thinking an efficient way to remove all the elements (says they
are less than 10) from a container vector<int>.

Any suggestion? Thank you.

Nate Barney

Wing said:
Hello,

I am thinking an efficient way to remove all the elements (says they
are less than 10) from a container vector<int>.

Any suggestion? Thank you.

Look into std::remove_if, std::less, std::bind2nd, and the erase-remove
idiom.

Nate

Thomas Tutone

Wing wrote:

I am thinking an efficient way to remove all the elements (says they
are less than 10) from a container vector<int>.

Any suggestion? Thank you.

Any reason not to use std::vector::clear()?

Best regards,

Tom

Thomas Tutone

Nate said:
Look into std::remove_if, std::less, std::bind2nd, and the erase-remove
idiom.

Sounds like overkill if the OP wants to remove _all_ the elements.

Best regards,

Tom

Nate Barney

Thomas said:
Sounds like overkill if the OP wants to remove _all_ the elements.

I first read the question as "How does one remove all elements that are
less than 10?". I suppose it could be read as "How does one remove all
elements of a vector that has fewer than 10 elements?". Well, now the
OP has an answer either way.

Nate

Thomas Tutone

Nate said:
I first read the question as "How does one remove all elements that are
less than 10?". I suppose it could be read as "How does one remove all
elements of a vector that has fewer than 10 elements?". Well, now the
OP has an answer either way.

Now I understand. I hadn't read the OP's question that way, but after
reading your interpretation I went back and reread the OP's question,
and now I see your point.

Best regards,

Tom