Rename a web form, error - missing some other reference?

Kathy Burke

Hello. In asp.net, when I rename a web form, it changes only the @page
name and the class name (as expected). It does not, of course, change
the Inherited reference in the @page. When I change it manually (because
my page only inherits itself) I get runtime error that it can't find the
orginal form. The form of course no longer exists in the active
project...and I don't want it to...

Any clues as to what reference change I must be missing?

Kathy

Ron Vecchi

Open up the .cs or .vb file for the page and Manually change the class name.
This should also change the inherits directive. You stated that it changes
the class when renameing the page.aspx. But are you sure it did not just
chage the name of the class file. Usually this is the case. It doesn't
actually change the class name within the .cs/.vb file.