rename file? open url? (newbie)

aotemp

Hi!

Im working with perl, just a very very little bit, and Im looking for
help on how to do 2 tasks.

Im trying to rename, or copy and rename a file stored in my directory,
and Im trying to redirect my user to another url.

ANy advice is appreciated!

Paul Lalli

Im working with perl, just a very very little bit, and Im looking for
help on how to do 2 tasks.

Im trying to rename, or copy and rename a file stored in my directory,

You have just asked a Self Answering Question. Please type the
following at your command line:

perldoc -f rename
and Im trying to redirect my user to another url.

This, however, is meaningless without context. If you are writing a
CGI script, you should be using the CGI.pm module. And if you are
using the CGI.pm module, you should have read the CGI.pm documentation
(Type at your command line: perldoc CGI). And if you'd done that, you
would have searched for the word "redirect". So make sure you do all
three of those things, and then let us know if you still have
questions.
ANy advice is appreciated!

Familiarize yourself with the standard Perl documentation, the
`perldoc` program. Familiarize yourself with the built-in Perl FAQ
(perldoc perlfaq). And familiarize yourself with the Posting
Guidelines for this group, posted here twice a week.

Paul Lalli

Tintin

Hi!

Im working with perl, just a very very little bit, and Im looking for
help on how to do 2 tasks.

Im trying to rename, or copy and rename a file stored in my directory,
and Im trying to redirect my user to another url.

ANy advice is appreciated!

I was very tempted to add your question to the Perl SAQ
(http://www.ginini.com/perlsaq.html), but I'm feeling generous today and
give you a second chance to discover the Perl documentation for rename.

Tad McClellan

Im working with perl, just a very very little bit, and Im looking for
help on how to do 2 tasks.

You should look for help on Usenet *last*.

You should look for help first in the documentation for
the software that you are using.

Im trying to rename,

perldoc -f rename

and Im trying to redirect my user to another url.

perldoc -q redirect