    and Im trying to redirect my user to another url.

    ANy advice is appreciated!
    , Sep 8, 2006

  2. Paul Lalli Guest

    Re: rename file? open url? (newbie)

    wrote:
    > Im working with perl, just a very very little bit, and Im looking for
    > help on how to do 2 tasks.
    >
    > Im trying to rename, or copy and rename a file stored in my directory,

    You have just asked a Self Answering Question. Please type the
    following at your command line:

    perldoc -f rename

    > and Im trying to redirect my user to another url.

    This, however, is meaningless without context. If you are writing a
    CGI script, you should be using the CGI.pm module. And if you are
    using the CGI.pm module, you should have read the CGI.pm documentation
    (Type at your command line: perldoc CGI). And if you'd done that, you
    would have searched for the word "redirect". So make sure you do all
    three of those things, and then let us know if you still have
    questions.

    > ANy advice is appreciated!

    Familiarize yourself with the standard Perl documentation, the
    `perldoc` program. Familiarize yourself with the built-in Perl FAQ
    (perldoc perlfaq). And familiarize yourself with the Posting
    Guidelines for this group, posted here twice a week.

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Sep 8, 2006

  3. Tintin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > Im working with perl, just a very very little bit, and Im looking for
    > help on how to do 2 tasks.
    >
    > Im trying to rename, or copy and rename a file stored in my directory,
    > and Im trying to redirect my user to another url.
    >
    > ANy advice is appreciated!

    I was very tempted to add your question to the Perl SAQ
    (http://www.ginini.com/perlsaq.html), but I'm feeling generous today and
    give you a second chance to discover the Perl documentation for rename.

    Tintin, Sep 8, 2006
  4. <> wrote:

    > Im working with perl, just a very very little bit, and Im looking for
    > help on how to do 2 tasks.

    You should look for help on Usenet *last*.

    You should look for help first in the documentation for
    the software that you are using.

    > Im trying to rename,

    perldoc -f rename

    > and Im trying to redirect my user to another url.

    perldoc -q redirect

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming