Rendering HTML prior parsing Javascript

VC

Hi

I'm working on a web site with hard programming in Javascript. ?This
web based application is intended to be used by bank workers who types
very fast.

The problem is: sometimes they type so fast that when they hit the
ENTER key, the javascript related with this key is executed, but the
<input TEXT...> associated, that wasnt rendered yet. So we face the
'Object expected' error.

I'd like to know if there's some way of giving priority to rendering
html before rendering or parsing something else.

html> block could help to minimize this, but the way that the web app
was built, sometimes is impossible, because it envolves include
statements, etc.

I hope I was clear. Excuse me my poor English, it's not my first
language.

Thanks in advance.

Dr J R Stockton

The problem is: sometimes they type so fast that when they hit the
ENTER key, the javascript related with this key is executed, but the
<input TEXT...> associated, that wasnt rendered yet. So we face the
'Object expected' error.

Rather than using (pseudocode?)
onclick="MyTask()"
try
onclick="setTimeout(MyTask, 100)"

I hope I was clear. Excuse me my poor English, it's not my first
language.

Most major Western European languages, if written simply, are
understood here. If foreigners persist in using English, how shall
others ever learn to read foreign?

Evertjan.

Dr J R Stockton wrote on 17 okt 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:
Most major Western European languages, if written simply, are
understood here. If foreigners persist in using English, how shall
others ever learn to read foreign?

Given your misconception that non-English are the foreigners,
you are right.

Zo is het maar net.

Stevo

Evertjan. said:
Dr J R Stockton wrote on 17 okt 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

Given your misconception that non-English are the foreigners,
you are right.

Zo is het maar net.

Technically he's correct though. Foreigner is an English word, and
therefore must apply only to non-English people ;-)

Evertjan.

Stevo wrote on 17 okt 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:
Technically he's correct though. Foreigner is an English word, and
therefore must apply only to non-English people ;-)

Technically you are not, as the language spoken or written does not
identify the writer.

And even then, would you say Americans an Britons completely share the same
foreigners?

Please read "How to be an alien", 1946 by George Mikes

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_be_an_Alien>
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Be-Alien-Handbook-Beginners/dp/0140025146>
<http://www.penguinreaders.com/downloads/0582416868.pdf>

Stevo

Evertjan. said:
Stevo wrote on 17 okt 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

Technically you are not, as the language spoken or written does not
identify the writer.

Technically, just having a bit of fun.
And even then, would you say Americans an Britons completely share the same
foreigners?

Americans are a special case. When they say foreigners they mean
themselves. Ignore me, it's Friday, I'm talking nonsense and dreaming of
the weekend :)

Oh I wouldn't go as far as reading anything. There are limits :)

VC

--
  (c) John Stockton, near London, UK.  Posting with Google.
 Mail: J.R.""""""""@physics.org or (better) via Home Page at

Hi John, Would you understand Portugese?

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <c77d7ff7-4d43-4689-a6f3-257770ac78a7@l7
7g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, Mon, 20 Oct 2008 05:32:07, VC
Hi John, Would you understand Portugese?

Evidently you have not read the FAQ.

Be aware that "are understood here" does not intrinsically mean "are
understood by everyone" or even "are understood by me". However, simple
Portuguese writing, whether or not perfectly grammatical, is not hard to
understand approximately.

JavaScript é uma linguagem de script para um computador. Muitas vezes, é
executado em um navegador web aplicativos que permitem a utilização de
conteúdos dinâmicos como caixas de mensagem ou avançar até um relógio
vivo. É diferente da linguagem de programação Java.

In fact, if one knows how to read English (for the technical words) and
Spanish, written Portuguese must be about as comprehensible as the
spoken words of, say, a middle-class African-American.

I could tell a tale about a Brazilian trying to talk to a Lisboner in
English.

But the real point is that an article simply written in a major Western
European language by a native user of that language will carry the full
intended meaning; and, if it is a question, it is only necessary that
one person who knows the answer should be able to read it. However, an
article written in "English" by one who does not know English
sufficiently well may well be incomprehensible to all except its author.

Your English, though, is sufficiently good.