Reporting Advice/Help

Wayne Wengert

I develop my web pages using VSNET 2003 (VB). I have the full developer
version of Crystal Reports 10. My Web site is hosted by a commercial ISP - I
simply buy the service. I want to run reports against my database (SQL
Server 2000). Based on this, I see two options: 1) User Crystal Reports or
2) Use SQL Server Reports. I cannot get the CR solution to work and based on
discussions with 2 ISPs, I cannot afford the SQL Reports solution.

Crystal Reports
==========
I build and incorporate CR 10 reports into my WebPages on my local system (I
use the CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine) and they work fine. When I
build a setup project and then copy that to my ISP site I get errors that it
cannot find the CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine (I did add the msm
for that but it doesn't seem to affect what gets packaged?). I called the
ISP, thinking that they have to install CR on the server box. They tell me
that with the new CR the components are part of the account's environment.

If this is true, can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to get this
to work? The books I have and the articles I've found seem to assume that
you own the server - I do not!

SQL Server Reporting
I've talked to 3 ISPs (I just buy a SQL Account - I don't own the server)
and one says it will cost $65/mo extra for SQL Server Reports capability and
the other two tell me that I basically need to buy a dedicated server to
make this work? Is this true? If anyone knows of an ISP that offers SQL
accounts with reporting capability at a reasonable rate, please let me know
(we are a non-profit with limited funds available)

TIA

Wayne