Request for addition to Preferences

JohnJohnUSA

I wasn't sure how to get my request to the appropriate person so I a
posting it here

When I log in to this site, I normally want to go to the Python forum
I can get there via a series of mouse clicks. I would prefer to hav
the option of specifying in my Preferences where I want to b
positioned within this site upon login. After settin
"python" in my Preferences, I would automatically b
positioned on the python forum page. This would save me and others
lot of work in getting to where I want to be

The dropdown list that I saw somewhere on this site could be placed i
the Preferences section to enable me to select where I want to go upo
log in and I would be positioned there automatically

Can this feature be implemented. I would think that everyone comin
to this site may like it as it would be a good time and work saver.
One would also have the option of not selecting a specific locatio
in which case they would be positioned on the main page as everyon
currently is

Thanks in advance for considering adding this feature to this website

Fredrik Lundh

JohnJohnUSA said:
I wasn't sure how to get my request to the appropriate person so I am
posting it here!
When I log in to this site

what site ?
I normally want to go to the Python forum.

what forum ? this is the comp.lang.python newsgroup, which is also
available as a mailing list hosted by python.org:

http://www.python.org/community/lists/

if the terms "mailing list" and "newsgroup" are new to you, please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_mailing_list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup

</F>

Fredrik Lundh

JohnJohnUSA said:
The site that I am referring to is the one that I used to post my
request located at:

http://www.nixforum.org/

who cares ? they're not hosting this newsgroup; they're just stealing
the content, making it look like it's their "programming python" forum
so they can plaster google ads all over it; if you have trouble with
their site, complain to them, or find a better way to read this group.

it's not like anyone's forcing you to use a crap site run by people with
no ethics, you know.

</F>