Request for addition to Preferences

Discussion in 'Python' started by JohnJohnUSA, Jul 2, 2006.

  1. JohnJohnUSA

    JohnJohnUSA Guest

    I wasn't sure how to get my request to the appropriate person so I a
    posting it here

    When I log in to this site, I normally want to go to the Python forum
    I can get there via a series of mouse clicks. I would prefer to hav
    the option of specifying in my Preferences where I want to b
    positioned within this site upon login. After settin
    "python" in my Preferences, I would automatically b
    positioned on the python forum page. This would save me and others
    lot of work in getting to where I want to be

    The dropdown list that I saw somewhere on this site could be placed i
    the Preferences section to enable me to select where I want to go upo
    log in and I would be positioned there automatically

    Can this feature be implemented. I would think that everyone comin
    to this site may like it as it would be a good time and work saver.
    One would also have the option of not selecting a specific locatio
    in which case they would be positioned on the main page as everyon
    currently is

    Thanks in advance for considering adding this feature to this website
    JohnJohnUSA, Jul 2, 2006

  2. JohnJohnUSA wrote:

    > I wasn't sure how to get my request to the appropriate person so I am
    > posting it here!

    > When I log in to this site

    what site ?

    > I normally want to go to the Python forum.

    what forum ? this is the comp.lang.python newsgroup, which is also
    available as a mailing list hosted by python.org:

    http://www.python.org/community/lists/

    if the terms "mailing list" and "newsgroup" are new to you, please see:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_mailing_list
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Jul 2, 2006

  3. JohnJohnUSA

    JohnJohnUSA Guest

    JohnJohnUSA, Jul 2, 2006
  4. JohnJohnUSA wrote:

    > The site that I am referring to is the one that I used to post my
    > request located at:
    >
    > http://www.nixforum.org/

    who cares ? they're not hosting this newsgroup; they're just stealing
    the content, making it look like it's their "programming python" forum
    so they can plaster google ads all over it; if you have trouble with
    their site, complain to them, or find a better way to read this group.

    it's not like anyone's forcing you to use a crap site run by people with
    no ethics, you know.

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Jul 2, 2006