request for help with CGI form

R. Westermeyer

Hi,
I hope this isn't poor etiquette, but I have a public service
addiction website, habitsmart.com, and back in 95, a fellow from Bell
Atlantic helped me put together a self-scoring alcohol checklist using
CGI. The form is filled out, then the CGI script scores it.

The form has been linked by thousands, and though I don't draw a cent
from the site, I want to keep it going, because I think it's useful to
people.

Anyway, recently I switched servers from CTS.net to Earthlink. I
uploaded the html file, chkup.html to the new space and it opens fine.
I also moved the cgi files, "chkup.cgi" and "formlib.pl" to the new
cgi folder, and when a user fills out the form and clicks for it to
score, he gets " page cannot be found".

Earthlink doesn't provide CGI script, and it's a different language to
me, I'm just a psychologist. though I have tried to edit the script
on copies, but don't want to mess with it too much, not knowing what
the hell I'm doing.

If anyone would be willing to give me some guidance, I'd me most
appreciative.

Thanks,

Robert

Bfons

Anyway, recently I switched servers from CTS.net to Earthlink. I
uploaded the html file, chkup.html to the new space and it opens fine.
I also moved the cgi files, "chkup.cgi" and "formlib.pl" to the new
cgi folder, and when a user fills out the form and clicks for it to
score, he gets " page cannot be found".

Earthlink doesn't provide CGI script, and it's a different language to
me, I'm just a psychologist. though I have tried to edit the script
on copies, but don't want to mess with it too much, not knowing what
the hell I'm doing.

It sounds like the path to the .cgi script is bad. In the chkup.html file,
look for the line:
<form method=post action="/cgi-bin/chkup.cgi"> Or something like that.

You may have to modify the path to the cgi script.

Bfons

R. Westermeyer

Anyway, recently I switched servers from CTS.net to Earthlink. I

It sounds like the path to the .cgi script is bad. In the chkup.html file,
look for the line:
<form method=post action="/cgi-bin/chkup.cgi"> Or something like that.

You may have to modify the path to the cgi script.

Bfons

I really appreciate the help. Damn, though, it still doesn't work.

Know of any reasonable online services for help with such repairs?

Thanks,

Robert
*******
I'm sorry, baby, I can't give you my love
My heart's as hollow as an empty glove
--Lux Interior

Bfons

R. Westermeyer said:
I really appreciate the help. Damn, though, it still doesn't work.

Know of any reasonable online services for help with such repairs?

Shoot me an email and I will try to give you a hand.

Brian

R. Westermeyer

Shoot me an email and I will try to give you a hand.

Brian

Sorry for the delay, Brian. I really appreciate your offer to lend a
hand. Was away from computer for several weeks.

I tried to send you an email ([email protected]) this morning,
but it bounced back. I'd really appreciate it if you would email me an
addy for correspondence.

Thanks,

Robert