Request.Form or IsPostBack and ViewState

paul.hester

Hi all,

I'm in two minds about whether to use IsPostBack and ViewState or
Reqest.Form for handling form data.

Is there any advantage in using the old Request.Form method, other than
generating less HTML for the page? Has anyone ever seen any reason to
keep using this method.

Thanks,

Paul

bcutting

The main reason I usualy make the distinction is if I am building my
own controls dynamicaly that need viewstate. In this case the control
must look exactly the same way before viewstate is loaded as when
viewstate was saved. Repeaters are an example of this type of
control. In general ViewState is easier to work with. Thats why it is
there.