Request.Form

momo

Hello Newsgroup,

I want to pass a Request.Form variable to an ASP form, through the url

for example lets say i have a form with a textfiled called "txtName" if i
click the submit button for example the asp page reads the content of this
txtName as Request.Form("txtName")

I want to achieve that the asp form is accessed through a URL where i can
pass the value of txtName without going to the page of the form and clicking
the submit button

is that possible?
regards
sabo

momo

Dear Ray,
This is not quite what i needed
This i know already, i mean the page which catches my form is expecting me
to fill a form where there is a text fiels called txtName
so i have to fill out this form and click on the submit button, because the
page processes my form using Requst.Form("txtName")
So i dont want to come on the page where i have to write my name on a form,
i would like to do it from the url directly
but since the page doesnt process Request.QueryString, but only processes
Request.Form then the page won't see what i entered in the url and it will
assume that i left txtName blank.
So i want to do it from the url and yet let the asp page have what i wrote
in the url as querystring as a request.form
clearer now?

anyway thanks for concern
momo

Brynn

I don't think that this is going to be possible for you.
A work around however would be ...

<%
Dim textName
textName = Request.QueryString("txtName")

If textName = "" Then
'// Get variables from form
Else
'//Get variables from querystring
End If

'// Process Data
%>

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

Dear Ray,
This is not quite what i needed
This i know already, i mean the page which catches my form is expecting me
to fill a form where there is a text fiels called txtName
so i have to fill out this form and click on the submit button, because the
page processes my form using Requst.Form("txtName")
So i dont want to come on the page where i have to write my name on a form,
i would like to do it from the url directly
but since the page doesnt process Request.QueryString, but only processes
Request.Form then the page won't see what i entered in the url and it will
assume that i left txtName blank.
So i want to do it from the url and yet let the asp page have what i wrote
in the url as querystring as a request.form
clearer now?

anyway thanks for concern
momo

I participate in the group to help give examples of code. I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted. Test all code before use!

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

Ray at

I know what you mean, but that just isn't how things work. There has to be
post data if you want to use request.form. Can't you just modify the page
that expects the post data to use a querystring instead?

Ray at home

Roland Hall

:
: I know what you mean, but that just isn't how things work. There has to
be
: post data if you want to use request.form. Can't you just modify the page
: that expects the post data to use a querystring instead?

I think you guys are missing the original question. The way I read it, he
doesn't have access to the code. He just wants some info on how to
circumvent filling out a form and clicking submit on a web site and wants to
try to pass it on the URL.

Just my take on it. I've been wrong before but perhaps the question should
be, "Is this your site and do you have access to the code?"

--
Roland

This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
or fitness for a particular purpose.
-Technet Knowledge Base-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=TECH&ln=EN-US&FR=0
-Technet Script Center-