    submit so the second submit does not do anything.

    TIA

    Tom
    Tom, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Tom

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?= wrote on 10 nov 2004 in
    > The asp page I developed works fine on my development machine and
    > local IIS. When I load the page from the production server console,
    > using an older version of IE, the page executes twice. I modified my
    > variables with javascript to verify that the request is being sent
    > twice from the client. I further proved this by accessing the
    > production page from my development machine, and it works fine.
    > This has never happened to me before. How can I figure out why the
    > page is being sent twice from and older IE, and are is there a nice
    > work-around?
    >
    > My ugly work around is to just modify my variables(javascript) after I
    > submit so the second submit does not do anything.

    IE on a server?

    ASP has nothing to do with browsers like IE.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Nov 10, 2004

  3. Tom

    Jed Guest

    I would check for any AutoPostback attributes.

    I would also make sure that all hrefs, img src, and other references to
    external urls are not missing. I can't remember the details but something
    along those lines produced that behaviour for me once.
    Jed, Nov 10, 2004
  4. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Jed,

    Thanks for your thoughts. I think I found the error of my ways, I just got
    thrown off track because it worked on one browser and not on another.
    The problem was that I was using input type image to trigger a procedure
    which did the submit. I just discovered that the default behavior of input
    type=image is to do a submit, so that was where the extra submit came from.
    Thanks for your help!!

    Tom

    Tom, Nov 10, 2004