Request.QueryString read only problem

needin4mation

Hi, in my .aspx page I have it so the same page is used for enter and
displaying the data. Entering the data will produce the key from the
database. When I display data, usually, it will be called from another
page using the querystring. Thus, when populating the controls, I get
the key from the querystring do my SELECTs, etc.

I am trying to do this without a referring page other than the one used
to enter data. I could do a redirect, but that seems the wrong way. I
could make a global variable to old the key so on postback I could
detect the key. But I was trying to figure a way to get it in the
querystring collection and assign a value to the tracking_number I am
using for everything else.

Thank you for any help.

Guest

You can dynamically add to the query string on the original page, as you are
sending to a complete URL. You cannot add to the query string collection once
you are working with it.

Hope this helps.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

needin4mation

by original page do you mean the one that is submitting the data to the
database? The same page?