    Request.form("controlName")

    is there anyway thru ASP object to set the value to the particular control.

    thanks

    abcd, Mar 16, 2006

  2. abcd wrote:
    > I canget the value of the control on a form by using
    >
    > Request.form("controlName")
    >
    > is there anyway thru ASP object to set the value to the particular
    > control.

    ASP generates html that is sent to the client. That, along with processing
    the request object, is the ONLY interaction it can have with a page loaded
    in the browser.

    You can of course, response.write data into the html as the page is loading.

    <input name="something" value="<%=20%>">

    For anything else, you must use client-side code which is outside the topic
    of this newsgroup. Try googling for xmlhttp and post any questions you have
    about it to microsoft.public.scripting.jscript.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"