    --
    ------------------------------------
    Wayne Wengert

    Wayne Wengert, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Wayne  Wengert

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Wayne Wengert"
    <> writing in

    > The subject code used to give me a string containing the URL of the
    > calling page. Now I get nothing?
    >
    > How can I get the URL of the calling page?

    Depends on how you get there. If someone types in www.example.com into
    their title bar, there will be no referer. If a new window opens from <a
    href="page.htm" target="_blank" there will be no referer (one of the
    reasons the target attribute was not included in XHTML Strict as it breaks
    the Back button). There are some browsers that block it, etc.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Sep 27, 2003

  3. I am using a <a href="tagetpage.asp"> type of link to get there. No target
    involved. I know this sounds familiar but it really did work in the past.

    BTW, thanks for those pointers about how it works. I did not realize those
    exceptions existed.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Additional Info

    I just learned that this apparently works for some browsers and not others.
    My ISP tried the test at their site and it works. It fails for me. I use IE6
    with all the latest patches?

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Sep 27, 2003