Request.ServerVariables question

Vince Keller

I am trying to validate the identity of the user making a request to a web
application. I am using the value from Request.ServerVariables["LOGON_USER"]
to check if the user is from an authorized domain. This works very well in
the Dev environment... but in Production, the value for LOGON_USER is blank
and hence the user gets prompted to enter his/her login credentials again.
The Allow Anonymous security is disabled in both the environments.

Any idea why this could be happening.

Thanks in advance.

Guest

The user must have the url in their trusted sites and have "Automatic logon
with user credentials marked in their security.

Or This site could be listed as "Intranet" and have that setting as well.