Requested Resource is Not available - web.xml / servlet mapping looks perfect

Discussion in 'Java' started by PythonAnimal@gmail.com, Nov 10, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I am on a unix box running Tomcat 5.0.19. I keep getting a request
    resource (/loneservlet) is not available. I recompiled my servlet on
    the unix box just incase there was a diff version of java. I tried
    everything here is my setup. I developed on JBuilder X using tomcat
    4.1 and sent over the WAR file. On the unix box I know have problems.
    I can have one JSP forward to another JSP, but I cna not find my
    servlet

    <servlet>
    <servlet-name>loneservlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>simpleproject.LoneServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>loneservlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/loneservlet</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <form method='GET' action="/loneservlet">

    class location
    SimpleWebProject/WEB-INF/classes/simpleproject
    simpleproject.class

    JSP location
    SimpleWebProject

    package simpleproject;

    import javax.servlet.*;
    import javax.servlet.http.*;
    import java.io.*;
    import java.util.*;
    import java.io.IOException;

    public class LoneServlet extends HttpServlet {}

    This is a straight forward setup I do not understand why I receive this
    message
    description The requested resource (/loneservlet) is not available.

    Appreciate it. It seems the JSP can not find the servlet, but I have
    the directories set up correctly. Thanks-so much.

    does this heaeder
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
    Application 2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.d
    td">
    need to be changed among diff tomcats?
    Thanks again