    incorporate it into the site.

    From what I read it seems that I must use their templates (either as is or modified)
    for the header, left nav and footer. It would be a bit more convenient if one were
    able to insert code, an include, etc into the page/template I alreday have but I'm not
    sure if this is possible.

    I'm just hoping to get a bit of insight from someone familiar with Extropia.

    http://test.solidgroundnc.com

    Any and all feedback greatfully appreciated. :)
    Tio

    Guest, Aug 3, 2004

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    <> said:

    > The perl version of Extropias guestbook is what my hosting company has
    > installed on their server so I figured I may as well try and add it
    > to the website I built for a friend. I'm at wits end though
    > attempting to figure out how to incorporate it into the site.

    why are you asking here instead of your host who is supplying the script
    or the authors of the script?

    http://www.extropia.com/applications/guestbook.html

    --
    i h e a r v o i c e s

    brucie, Aug 3, 2004

    m Guest

    wrote:

    > The perl version of Extropias guestbook is what my hosting company has
    > installed on their server so I figured I may as well try and add it to the
    > website I built for a friend. I'm at wits end though attempting to figure
    > out how to incorporate it into the site.
    >
    > From what I read it seems that I must use their templates (either as is or
    > modified) for the header, left nav and footer. It would be a bit more
    > convenient if one were able to insert code, an include, etc into the
    > page/template I alreday have but I'm not sure if this is possible.
    >
    > I'm just hoping to get a bit of insight from someone familiar with
    > Extropia.

    Osborne publishing has a book out, "Instant CGI/Perl" by Selena Sol,Gunther
    Birznieks and Peter Chines. It's a huge 1000 page tome with a CD; it
    covers the Extropia software exclusively. Found my copy at a used
    bookstore. It has a 2001 copyright so it will probably not be right up to
    date. Runs fifty bucks (U.S.) new. I've never actually used it -- decided
    the whole suite looks a bit too bloated for my mimimalist taste, but the
    software has a good reputation, IIRC.
    --
    m http://www.mbstevens.com/

    m, Aug 3, 2004