Resize DIV when OnResize()...

john

Hi, I have a DIV within a table's cell (the middle row). This
row takes up the remaining hight of the table. I want the DIV
to fill the entire height of its container (the cell) - whatever
height that may be (it is dynamic because the browser window
can be resized) - and I could normally do that by specifying the
height of the DIV as being 100%. However, the contents of
this DIV should scroll within the DIV (using "overflow: auto")
if they exceed the hight of the container, and not cause the page
to scroll out of view within the browser window. This cannot be
done successfully on any browser save for IE using pure HTML
that I know of, but if it was possible to programmatically resize
the DIV via Javascript by way of OnResize() so that the DIV can
be given the internal height of the container in pixels as opposed
to a percentage, then this should overcome the problem.

Now that leads me to the question: how would I determine the
height of the DIV's container (the cell within the table) and then
change the DIV's height by way of Javascript in a browser-friendly
way?

Any help on this little problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks folks.