Resizing window and image buttons question

GTi

Q1)
I have searched around after a cross browser JavaScript that can resize
my popup window with a specified width and height.
I want to set the width and height of the browsers document content.
Does anyone have a nice script that actual set the inner width/height
so it is equal on browsers ( IE/FF )

function SetWindowSize(winWidth,winHeight)
{
var d=document;
if (typeof window.innerWidth!='undefined')
{
window.innerWidth = winWidth;
window.innerHeight = winHeight;
}
else
{
if (d.documentElement && typeof
d.documentElement.clientWidth!='undefined' &&
d.documentElement.clientWidth!=0)
{
d.documentElement.clientWidth = winWidth;
d.documentElement.clientHeight = winHeight;
}
else
{
if (d.body && typeof d.body.clientWidth!='undefined')
{
d.body.clientWidth = winWidth;
d.body.clientHeight = winHeight;

Q2)
How can I specify the partion of a image I want to display using CSS.
Say I have one image with the size 100x200.
But I only want to display the 0,0,100,100 (x,y,w,h)
I want to use this to create image buttons with different images on
normal, hover, mouse down, disabled etc. with only one image.
With this I want to pre-cache the images since it is already loaded the
first time.

GTi

GTi said:
[...]

Anyone ?

TC

(top-posted for consistency)

Q2 asks about CSS, so that would be offtopic here.

As for Q1, you show some script, but you don't say whether it works or
not. People often won't bother to guess, they'll just move on to the
next question.

Here's a tip for how to ask your question more effectively:
http://tc2.atspace.com/0012-UsingUsenet.htm#PostBody

Please note that you should bottom-post (not top-post) in this group.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

HTH,
TC (MVP MSAccess)
http://tc2.atspace.com