Resorces for UI Code Reuse for UltraWebGrid & DataGrid intensive apps

Glenn Engelbart

I am trying to find out a way to get more code re-use & object orientation
in the UI portion of my apps. (There already is plenty of both in the
DataAccess & Business Logic portion of my apps. But the code behind in each
aspx page is huge, often 1000 lines. My apps are heavilly data driven, like
the old client server apps with tons of DataGrids. I use Infragistics
UltraWebGrid as my primary server control. And on each page, the code is
just different enough so I have a full set of code handling all the grid
events on each page code behind.

I have read many books, scoured the newsgroups, and the web, but have come
up empty. The sample apps usually aren't DataGrid intensive. Infragistic's
samples are as code behind heavy as my apps. Microsoft's sample apps are
difficult to approach, and aren't really DataGrid intensive. One thought I
have is to create a custom server control that inherits from the
UltraWebGrid. Another thought is to pass the UltraWebGrid or pieces of the
grid to reused methods. The problem is that even these pieces are heavy
objects.

Is there anything I can do to get smaller code behind files & more code
reuse in my DataGrid intensive apps? Are there any good DataGrid intensive
sample apps, or books I should be looking at?

Much Appreciated,

Glenn

gengelbart at domain below
www.ihsiq.com