Response.IsClientConnected

alien2_51

I need to know if the client is connected from the session_end, how can I do
this.....

Jason \(MFT1\)

When the session_end event fires doesn't it identify which session ended? If
you have multiple sessions (as one would assume you would were you to have
more than one user on line) isn't there a way to determine which session
ended through that event?

Marina

It fires for the current session that ended. It has no access to any other
sessions still out there.

alien2_51

Scott M. said:
Session_End fires when the session is no longer valid

Sorry.. That's not true.. Session_End fires when the timeout has been
exceeded....
The session is still valid in the Session_End... I have full access to all
session vars inside the end event..

so you would never
have a connected client at that point.

Try:

If Response.IsClientConnected Then
your code here
End If

But put this code into an event prior to Session_End.

Be specific please... What event fires before Session_End...?
Also, please do not cross-post as you have done with this message.

I made 1 post to many newsgroups... Whats wrong with that....?

William Tasso

Alan said:
It's generally considered bad 'netiquette' to post a single message to
multiple groups

generally - sorry we have to disagree.
especially when the groups chosen (dotnet and
classic ASP) have little in common.

however, we do agree in that particular instance ;o)

multi-posting OTOH is always irritating for well documented reasons