Response.redirect, but in another instance of browser

DotNetJunkies User

How can I dispay a web page in another instance of IE? Response.redirect replaces the current page, but I need to direct my user in a new browser instance.

Curt_C [MVP]

you cant from the code, you'll have to use clientside calls for this.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

DotNetJunkies User said:
How can I dispay a web page in another instance of IE? Response.redirect
replaces the current page, but I need to direct my user in a new browser
instance.engine supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching.

Guest

You can add the following code in ur Page_Load even

string strURL = "abc.aspx"
Response.Write("<script language=javacsript>")
Response.Write("window.open('" + @strURL + "','width=800,height=500,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,left=20,top=20');")
Response.Write("</script>")

Hope this wud resolve ur problem

Regards
Kamalanathan T

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You can open a new window using client side javascript such as this:
a=window.open('SomePage.aspx','MyWindow')
Here's more info:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/open_0.asp

--
I hope this helps,