response.redirect question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Larry, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Larry

    Larry Guest

    In my web form...

    I would like to do a response.redirect (or something simular) but instead of
    simulating the GET METHOD of passing of some data by appending the
    appropriate string to the end of the URL arguement for the redirect, I'd
    like to simulate the POST method.

    I would assume that I would need to add a header record of the proper syntax
    just prior to calling the redirect. If this is correct I'm having problems
    finding infromation on just how the create the apropriate header record. Are
    there some methods that can make this happen?

    I thought about trying a different approact by using session variables and
    then using server.execute to process the desired forms but because those
    forms (and the functions they preform) are in a different virtual directory
    I would have to modify all those forms in the target application from a
    relative reference; and then I'm not sure what else beyond that. Perhaps for
    this approach there is a server side equivalent to the HTML base directive?

    Larry, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Larry

    Jim Guest

    Why don't you just use post, and send any information you
    need in session variables for the second page to access.

    Jim, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    The second "page" is actually another web app altogether that I'm trying to
    get some extra millage out of without having to rewrite it. I'd love to use
    the post but unfortunately the "bridge page" needs to collect some billing
    information before calling the second app. I was thinking it shouldn't be
    that hard to simulate a post process as part of the redirect in ASP.NET. But
    I just don't seem to find much infromation on this process.

    -Larry

    Larry, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Hi Larry,

    With ASP.NET, we can only submit to the same web form. So as to pass post
    information to another web form, we should adopt another technology. Please
    refer to the following URL for the detailed steps and code snippet.

    Passing Server Control Values Between Pages
    l/cpconpassingservercontrolvaluesbetweenpages.asp

    I hope it helps.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Nov 6, 2003
  5. Larry

    Larry Guest

    This looks like what I need. Thanks for the help. If I need more help I'll
    let you know. Tnaks again.

    -Larry

    Larry, Nov 6, 2003