ResultSet TableModel

Mark

I need to display a fairly large table of data from a database in a JTable.
Because of the possibly large amount of data to display I've been trying to
write my own TableModel that fetches on demand and doesn't use ResultSet.last or
ResultSet.absolute (because the database doesn't support scrollable cursors) but
it's a non-trivial task.

A quick google/koders/codase search for existing implementation brings up lots
of results but most pre-load data into an ArrayList or use ResultSet.absolute.

Aside from JIDE Data Grid, JDataGrid and QuickTable, does anyone know of any
existing, proprietary or open source, implementations of TableModel that can
display data from a database?

TIA

GArlington

I need to display a fairly large table of data from a database in a JTable.
Because of the possibly large amount of data to display I've been trying to
write my own TableModel that fetches on demand and doesn't use ResultSet.last or
ResultSet.absolute (because the database doesn't support scrollable cursors) but
it's a non-trivial task.

A quick google/koders/codase search for existing implementation brings up lots
of results but most pre-load data into an ArrayList or use ResultSet.absolute.

Aside from JIDE Data Grid, JDataGrid and QuickTable, does anyone know of any
existing, proprietary or open source, implementations of TableModel that can
display data from a database?

TIA

Are you attempting to get one page at a time on every request? I trust
you can do it in SQL:
http://progcookbook.blogspot.com/2006/02/using-rownum-properly-for-pagination.html
(Oracle)
http://www.davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2005/12/30/2652.aspx (MS
SQL Server)

Mark

Are you attempting to get one page at a time on every request? I trust
you can do it in SQL:
http://progcookbook.blogspot.com/2006/02/using-rownum-properly-for-pagination.html
(Oracle)
http://www.davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2005/12/30/2652.aspx (MS
SQL Server)

Yes, successfully, but it becomes more complicated when needing to account for
navigating across a number of pages at the one time. I was hoping someone had
already done this because, as much as I'd like to have my own implementation, I
don't really have the time to do it properly at the moment.

Mark