Retain scroll-position of a listbox

Guest

I have on a site some very populated listboxes, now, when the user scrolls
the listbox to chose some items, and then clicks a button, thus, a postback
starts, the scoll position of the listbox is reseted.

Is there a way to keep the scroll position? Is the functionality build in,
or, is additional javascript needed?

Aytaç ÖZAY

Hi,

Yes, there is a way. Bu t you must coded it:) Before you click a button, you
must Store the selectedindex(listbox's) in a session, then the postback
starts. After that in page load method, you can set the selectedindex from
the session's value.

Have a nice work,

Aytaç ÖZAY
Software Developer

"the friendly display name"

Chris Fulstow

Maybe something like this (C#) using some JavaScript:

string position = "n";
string scrollScript="" ;
scrollScript += "<script language='javascript'>";
scrollScript += "document.forms[0].ListBox1.selectedIndex = " +
position + ";";
scrollScript += "<" + "/" + "script>";

Page.RegisterStartupScript("", scrollScript);