    so i can display the structure

    i know how to read a schema but it doesnt seem to work with a dtd

    , Jan 19, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > How can i retreive the structure of a dtd in my VB.net assembly
    > so i can display the structure

    As far as I know .NET (at least the current versions 1.0 and 1.1) do not
    expose public classes to load and model an XML DTD alone.
    There is however XmlDocument, XmlNode etc thus if you load an XML
    document with a
    <!DOCTYPE >
    declaration into an XmlDocument then the DOM object model exposes some
    parts of the DTD, the XmlDocument has a property
    DocumentType
    of type XmlDocumentType and there you have properties like
    Entities
    for the entity declarations,
    Notations
    for the notations.,
    SystemId
    PublicId

    If you have further questions on XML in .NET then consider posting in
    microsoft.public.dotnet.xml on news.microsoft.com, maybe someone there
    also knows some third party library for DTD loading/modelling for .NET.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jan 19, 2005