retrieving the user input from the onbeforeunload dialog

haymansfield

Hi,

Im trying to capture the value the user inputs into the dialog box
brought up when the onBeforeUnload event is given an
event.ReturnValue.

If the user selects ok i dont need to do anything but if he selects
cancel (stay on the same page) I want to change the value of a
variable.

Is this possible,

Any advice would be helpful,

Cheers,

haymansfield

Mike Scirocco

Hi,
Im trying to capture the value the user inputs into the dialog box
brought up when the onBeforeUnload event is given an
event.ReturnValue.
If the user selects ok i dont need to do anything but if he selects
cancel (stay on the same page) I want to change the value of a
variable. Is this possible,
Any advice would be helpful,
Cheers,
haymansfield

This might be useful to you, I use an approach from this page:

http://forums.devarticles.com/javas...owser-from-closing-using-javascript-8458.html

function exitcheck(){
if (quit()) {
// user clicked OK