retriving info from a database and print it ind a form???

jeghers

i have a page where info can be inserted in a form that consists of some
textarea and some textfield.

but when i get to the page, i want the last inserted info, which is saved in
a database, to be retrived and be displayet ind the 6 text field/area??? can
that be done?

the user can then edit some of the text and leave some of it unedited.....

can it be done??

Hywel Jenkins

"jeghers" said:
i have a page where info can be inserted in a form that consists of some
textarea and some textfield.

but when i get to the page, i want the last inserted info, which is saved in
a database, to be retrived and be displayet ind the 6 text field/area??? can
that be done?

the user can then edit some of the text and leave some of it unedited.....

can it be done??

Yes. Do you actually have server-side JavaScript capability? If not,
you need to think about using something like Perl, PHP, or ASP to get at
the information in the database.

Whatever the case, you haven't given enough information here. What
server? What scripting language? What database?

Jeff North

| i have a page where info can be inserted in a form that consists of some
| textarea and some textfield.
|
| but when i get to the page, i want the last inserted info, which is saved in
| a database, to be retrived and be displayet ind the 6 text field/area??? can
| that be done?
|
| the user can then edit some of the text and leave some of it unedited.....
|
| can it be done??

This can be achieved in the sql statements. To retrieve the last
record inserted then you would need to use something like:
rs.Source = "SELECT * from myTable order by fieldName DESC LIMIT 1";
rs.Open();

Your html page would set the default values according to the record
i.e.
<input type="text" value="<%=rs.Fields.Item("field1").value%>" />

<textarea .... ><%=rs.Fields.Item("field2").value%></textarea>