    I just need the value, not the proxy.

    Can I just return the value instead of a proxy from a manager?

    br, Terry

    Terry, Aug 26, 2009

  2. Terry

    jacopo Guest

    Hi Terry,
    I have just started working on similar things and I am strugling to
    find examples or documentations. So far I have found only the official
    documentation of the multiprocessing package. Would you be able to
    recommend me some good reference or a book. I dont want to overwhelm
    this newsgroup with questions... yet :)
    Regards, Jacopo

    jacopo, Aug 31, 2009

  3. Terry

    Terry Guest

    On Aug 31, 5:58 pm, jacopo <> wrote:
    > Hi Terry,
    > I have just started working on similar things and I am strugling to
    > find examples or documentations. So far I have found only the official
    > documentation of the multiprocessing package. Would you be able to
    > recommend me some good reference or a book. I dont want to overwhelm
    > this newsgroup with questions... yet :)
    > Regards, Jacopo
    >
    > On Aug 26, 4:22 am, Terry <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > I'm using the multiprocessing.manager to run proceduresremotely. It
    > > all worked fine except I hope to have a different return value type.

    > > The remote function calls always return a proxy, which when I need to
    > > get the value it need to connect to the manager again to fetch it. But
    > > I just need the value, not the proxy.

    > > Can I just return the value instead of a proxy from a manager?

    > > br, Terry

    Hi Jacopo,
    Well, I also have had a hard time to find any examples or document
    except the official document. I had to read the multiprocessing source
    code (they are all in python except the network connection parts). And
    I found I need to hack it a little to get it work.
    You can share your questions, and maybe it's common to most of us.

    br, Terry

    Terry, Sep 1, 2009