Reusing a user control within the same application

STom

I have created a user control that has a dropdown, and Add button, a text
box and a datalist. A person can drop this into another user control or web
form.

When they select an item from the dropdown and then type in a description,
they select the Add button and it adds it to the datalist.

I have a webpage that has 3 other larger user controls and each one of these
need to use this smaller user control.

Things seem to be ok when I am using only one of these smaller user
controls, but when I have dropped multiple onto the same page (even though
they are contained within other larger user controls) things really go
haywire. I can select something from the dropdown, but when I go check to
see what they selected, it is always '0' as if they selected nothing.

I've even tried exposing the dropdowns and text box of this small control as
properties, but I get the same result.

Any idea why the first one of these small controls I dropped within the page
works fine and the rest don't? Its like they are reading each others
settings.

Thanks.

STom