    but rather @revised 6.0? Any information on this tag?
    What is the quickest way to lookup the revision content?

    Bye
    Jan Burse, Dec 29, 2011

  2. Jan Burse

    markspace Guest

    On 12/29/2011 8:44 AM, Jan Burse wrote:

    > What is the quickest way to lookup the revision content?

    Google it.

    I didn't recognize that tag so I Googled for the Javadoc documentation.
    I don't see the tag listed there. Then I Googled for the actual
    documentation for /interrupted()/, and I don't see any revision note
    there either.

    My guess: somebody made a mistake and used a bogus tag. Or Oracle has
    some internal tool that looks for @revised tags, but it's not part of
    their public tool set.
    markspace, Dec 29, 2011

  3. Jan Burse

    Lew Guest

    On Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:44:10 AM UTC-8, Jan Burse wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > Just noticed a @revised Tag in some JDK 1.7 source code:
    >
    > * @revised 6.0
    > */
    > public static boolean interrupted() {
    > return currentThread().isInterrupted(true);
    > }
    >
    > Its kind of unusual since it does not say @revised 1.6
    > but rather @revised 6.0?

    That doesn't seem unusual at all, since it's Java version 6.0.
    http://java.sun.com/javase/namechange.html
    http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/relnotes/version-5.0.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_version_history#J2SE_5.0_.28September_30.2C_2004.29
    This numbering scheme has been in use since September, 2004.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Dec 30, 2011
  4. On 11-12-30 01:19 AM, Lew wrote:
    > On Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:44:10 AM UTC-8, Jan Burse wrote:
    >> Dear All,
    >>
    >> Just noticed a @revised Tag in some JDK 1.7 source code:
    >>
    >> * @revised 6.0
    >> */
    >> public static boolean interrupted() {
    >> return currentThread().isInterrupted(true);
    >> }
    >>
    >> Its kind of unusual since it does not say @revised 1.6
    >> but rather @revised 6.0?

    > That doesn't seem unusual at all, since it's Java version 6.0.
    > http://java.sun.com/javase/namechange.html
    > http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/relnotes/version-5.0.html
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_version_history#J2SE_5.0_.28September_30.2C_2004.29
    > This numbering scheme has been in use since September, 2004.

    Or like the docs said, there are two versions - a product or marketing
    version (5 or 6 or 7), and a developer version (1.5, 1.6, 1.7), with
    accompanying notation for specifying updates.

    Down in Javadocs I wouldn't expect to see the marketing version, but I'd
    understand it.

    AHS
    --
    ....wherever the people are well informed they can be trusted with their
    own government...
    Arved Sandstrom, Dec 30, 2011